Fine Valentine Relay – 4M & 2M
Sunday, Feb 12, 2023
Be part of the event that was featured by Runners World as a race that gets you feeling the love! Celebrate love for all things: your comminuity, your sweetheat, your galentine, your family, yourself, running and kindness! Plus don’t miss the famous costume contest, PDA relay exchange zone, and the Gentle Ben’s post-race brunch! (Bonus: The bar will be open and SAR members get a free mimosa or bloody mary at brunch!) Staged at Main Gate Square and the beautiful University of Arizona campus, the course features one set of stadium ramps. For the last in person event over $6000 was donated – half to Ben’s Bells Project and half to Southern Arizona Roadrunners’ own programming such as the Children’s Fitness Fund.
- Free post-race hot breakfast at Gentle Ben’s (not included with free FitKidz mile)
- Mimosa and bloody mary specials available for purchase at the awards party
- First mimosa or bloody mary free to SAR members
- Festive PDA relay exchange zone
- Costume & PDA contest
- Course includes UofA stadium ramps
- Optional super soft, quality race shirts with design from local artist
- Group challenge to win a keg from Gentle Ben’s Brewing Co
- 4 mile Relay: 2-person relay where each person runs a 2-mile lap. Friends, sweethearts & family members can be a team! Relays must show some form of PDA (Public Display of Affection) at the PDA Exchange Zone and at the awards ceremony to be eligible for prizes!
- 4 mile individual race: 2 laps of the course
- 2 mile fitness walk/jog: 1 lap of the course
- Free FitKidz Mile at 8:00am (FitKidz mile does not include breakfast at Gentle Ben’s) Benefits Ben’s Bells Project!
Know someone who is participating in the race who lives out the message of “Be Kind”? Maybe you know someone whose small actions make a larger impact on their friends and community. Nominate them HERE for the Kind Cupid Award!
Race Day Timeline:
7:00 AM: Day of Race Packet Pickup / Registration
8:00 AM: FitKidz Mile Start
8:30 AM: Relay, 4 Mile, 2 Mile StartWhere: Staging area at Main Gate Square outside of Gentle Ben’s (865 E University Ave). Start line in front of UofA’s Centennial Hall.Race Options (Each lap includes one set of UofA stadium ramps!)
Fees & Registration:
You can also register in-person during packet pick-up at these locations and times listed below.
Click HERE for a mail-in registration form.
Packet Pickup Information:
Packet Pickup: At The Running Shop during the following dates and times:
- Saturday 2/11/23 – 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM at The Running Shop
- Sunday 2/12 /23- 7:00 AM – 8:00 AM outside of Gentle Ben’s
Please click HERE to sign up to volunteer.
Group challenge: Win a Keg! Get your running group, company, or group of friends to sign up and let us know what group you are with when you register (all race options count)! The group with the most participants wins a keg gift certificate from Gentle Ben’s/Barrio Brewing Co.! ALL group members must be over 21 to win this prize and you must sign up BEFORE race day!
Safety Guidelines & Protocols:
We continue to monitor relevant information and consult with public health guidelines appropriate for Pima County and will ensure that all race day activities are compliant with recommendations and best practices.
Race benefits Ben’s Bells Project and Southern Arizona Roadrunners.