FitKidz Racing Series
Southern Arizona Roadrunners began the FitKidz running program in 2013 in order to provide experiences that start children on a path of being physically active for life. FitKidz aims to improve the health and wellness of our local community by engaging kids and their families in fun and healthy activities. Since the inception of FitKidz over 6,000 youth participants have taken part in a number of our free events and programs.
FitKidz is an inclusive program that encourages all children to come out and run or walk, regardless of their backgrounds and experiences. With eight running FREE one mile races offered throughout the year, the five-week FitKidz Running Club and the FitKidz passport program, there are opportunities for every child to learn, run and have fun!
FitKidz Mission and Vision
MISSION: The FitKidz program strives to promote the health and wellness of Tucson and Southern Arizona children through free, fun, and engaging youth running events and programs.
VISION: Our vision is to create and lead a vibrant and healthy youth running community that focuses on empowering children to be physically active and learn the skills to make positive lifestyle choices. We aspire to introduce children of all backgrounds to running and walking opportunities that enhance their health and well-being. We aim to be a regional leader in youth fitness programming and inspire the next generation of Tucson and Southern Arizona runners.
when you join FitKidz!
- Free FitKidz series t-shirt at your first FitKidz race (or until you grow out of your old one!)
- Official race timing and FitKidz race bibs (To be included in timed reuslts you must pre-register your child online OR arrive at least 30 minutes before the race start if doing race-day registration.)
- Finisher ribbons for all participants
- Special awards for top three boys and girls at each race
- Hang out with our mascot Fitz the FitKidz Roadrunner
- FitKidz Passport Incentive Program: Kids will receive a passport to track their races and physical activity at school/ home. Plus they’ll earn incentives as the complete more free FitKidz races, including a medal if they finish 6 FitKidz races in 2020!
How Can You Help the FitKidz Program Thrive?
- Send a check to Southern Arizona Roadrunners with the Memo ‘FitKidz” to: PO Box 64215, Tucson, AZ 85728-4215, 520-812-0159
- Sponsorship Opportunities: Are you a business interested in becoming a FitKidz sponsor for the 2020 season? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. This series is organized 100% by volunteers so every penny goes straight into improving these events for the kids!
- Volunteer: Coming soon!